East Los Angeles College’s Technology & Logistics Program has achieved much of its academic strength by cultivating an industry partnership with UPS – Southern California District since 2009. UPS has significantly influenced the curriculum, and provides guest speakers and student tours to local UPS facilities as well as career opportunities for many of the T&L students. This partnership has provided us district, state and national recognition in the academic arena.
In return, we consider ourselves a contributor to UPS’s 100 year legacy by providing UPSers with customized college‐credit courses in the field of logistics. We have certified scores of UPSers, from package handlers, to supervisors and managers; and most are climbing the career ladder rather quickly. This mutual commitment has enabled the T&L Program to positively impact and strengthen UPS’s greatest asset—its people.
What can the ELAC Technology & Logistics Program do for you?
- Level 1 Technology & Logistics Certificate
- Level 2 Technology & Logistics Certificate
- Logistics Material Handling Certification
- Certified Logistics Associate Certification (CLA)
- Certified Logistics Technician Certification (CLT)
- Leadership in Logistics Certificate
- Associate of Science Degree (AS) in Technology & Logistics
- University Transfer Pathway
Move At The Speed Of Business
- Earn all Certificates/Certifications in only 2 semesters
- All Logistics courses are credited towards your Associate of Science Degree in Technology & Logistics.
Need A Coach? We Got’em
- Harry Lord – Academic Coach
- Tony Zapata – University Transfer Coach & Counselor
- Gerry Garcia – Career Coach
Need Money For College? UPS Tuition Assistance Program
How can you earn up to $25,000 toward your college education? Simply by working part-time at UPS. Available in 51 UPS locations across the country, the UPS Earn and Learn program offers $5,250 per calendar year with a lifetime maximum of $25,000 in assistance. Employees can receive financial assistance towards their college education. The Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) is offered to UPSers in an effort to recruit, retain, and develop qualified individuals who will help meet the business objectives of our company.
Tuition assistance is available to U.S. based employees in the following job groups: Full-time non-union employees (including Puerto Rico), Part-time management employees, Part-time union and non-union employees (select locations only, not all locations are eligible). For further information visit www.UPSers.com.